Saturday, February 05, 2005

A Tribute to Ms. Scarlett

If you don't get around to reading the comments, you have missed Ms. Scarlett's lessons on talking Southern. She's been real nice to help us out here, so I thought I would post her entries on the main page. These are the latest. Practice and you too can talk Southern 'fore it's over with.

1. Yip Dog! (just used that one today!) Means - Yah! Good stuff!

2. Watching a movie last night based in Texas in the 50s - a guy tells another guy to "Chunk the handle back". As in pull the handle. I haven't heard that one in ages! Goes right along with "Mash the door shut."

It's been awhile since I've heard "mash the door shut", but I can attest to its use. Maybe my grandparents used it. I don't know.
3.Fun site - I enjoy reading it and seeing how many words I use. So far I excel at ya'll, right quick, and fixin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home