Friday, March 04, 2005

That Southern Hospitality Wanes

I call myself a Southerner but for the life of me I can not seem to be hospitable to my friends and neighbors who stop by. But again I am bowed up like a Halloween Tom Cat. I do apologize. Several people have giving me some ideas and I've not been able to post them yet. I'll get to them if you can just hold your horses (that's sounds more West than South). Others have left comments that I have not responded to yet. So instead of hiding them in the comments section of each post I want to address some them here. Try to treat y'all might nice and sweet, offer you a big o' glass of tea (do you even have to ask if it is sweet or not?) or water. So have a seat and read on.

For Ms Scarlett:
I am still going to get over to the Southern Ring. I have not ignored ya. Thank ya much for puttin' me on ya blogroll. I feel promoted or something. And you were right about the wake thing it does not always have an "a" in front of it. And even though you got a lot of "AL" tendencies I still thank you are true GA gal. What about sending us some of them thar nice tastin' peaches. They're the best!!!

For Janice:
I got your email about me calling ya trashy here. I guess it depends on how you define it. =) You're a good sport though. Say, when y'all coming back home to the South? Y'all really do need to get out a ther.

For KC:
You tell that forin' wife of yours that if she's a'gonna live in this country she better learn how to speak real English and stop always correcting yours. Smiles. Tell her "hi" and inform her of my humor. Otherwise she might get mad at the both of us. BTW, I am going to take that comment and put here on the main page if that's alright? I liked it. And you was right about the correctness of gettin' runned over vs. ran or ranned over.

For James:
I plan on doing a post dedicated to the differences between the South and Texas. I am glad a Texan agrees with me about the differences. Hang in ther being in Yankee Land and all.

For Frenchy:
Yeah, that's about right. Everybody becomes Aunt and Uncle something. I can't tell you how many "nieces and nephews" I have. And I guess in latino culture they take that "Mi Casa es Tu Casa" seriously. Well, it's all good. I don't mind folks dropping in and staying for a little while at the house, but they better not wear out their welcome. However, I do appreciate you stopping by this here site. You are welcomed any time, and you can stay as long as you like.Thanks again!

Well, now that I have exhausted my list of people who actually read this blog (Yeah,Yeah, I know I left out a couplun's of ya. Not intentional. But I believe I've tied up all those ends with y'all. But if I haven't let me know and I'll get to ya right fast like) I think I'll go and get me a nap (ha, I've got too much work for that nonsense).

1 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! She done got so mad wif us it ain't funny! She says t'aint no way she'd never cept that we's ta'kin rite.... Anywho's it don't make me no never mind s'longas I ain't gotta stop studin up ma'sef an by the by....y'all kin shows anybody anythin I says far as I ker. Hug the misses fer us an slide by sum time fer sum forin cookin (sorry man, she don't git how good them chittlins an mountin oysters is).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home