Wednesday, March 16, 2005

State mottos

I am sure you also received this email but I thought it was a propos for the site. I've only included the Southern States and Texas, so as not offend them. I think I have them all here, but if I've left out your state let me know. I am a little worn from the day. My favorite was Alabama (its actual motto is "Alabama the Beautiful")

Alabama
HELL YES, WE HAVE ELECTRICITY.
Arkansas
LITERACY AIN'T EVERYTHING.
Georgia
WE PUT THE "FUN" IN FUNDAMENTALIST EXTREMISM.
Louisiana
We're Not ALL Drunk Cajun Wackos, But That's Our Tourism Campaign.
Mississippi
COME AND FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOUR OWN STATE
North Carolina
TOBACCO IS A VEGETABLE
South Carolina
Remember The Civil War? Well, We Didn't Actually Surrender YET!
Tennessee
THE EDJOOCASHUN STATE
Texas
SE HABLA INGLES

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Dadgum it! Oklahoma is MISSING from yer list! The eastern part, my old stompin' grounds, is as Southern as sweet tea, They even call southeastern Oklahoma "Little Dixie." It's cause them Indians came from Missippi and 'Bama and Tennessee and the Carolinas and all. (Midwesterners and yankees settled in the west, I'll grant ya). The Cherokees, Chickasaws, Choctaws, Creeks and Seminoles all fit fer the South! They signed treaties! They had a delegate to the Confederate Congress! Suh! I demand a CO-recshun to this hyear list! Or-a, I demand satisfackshun, Suh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home