Sunday, March 13, 2005

Useless as...

Man oh man I jest kan't keep this here blog updated. One thang I've been out of town camping. Another is just sorriness. Anyway, here's a hit for you for Southern liken.

When something is useless it is as useless as teats on a boar hog. And I would say they are pretty darn useless. I've always wondered why the male species have them, but I guess God thought it necessary. If anyone has any idears let me know. (And I am sure I will git nasty emails from the proper Southern girls who are shocked by this post). My apologies to ya, ma'am.
BTW saw two books I want to read. 1)The Redneck Manifesto and 2) White Trash. Both deal with the Southerners from a sociological point of view.
Just remembered a story that was suppose to go under the Texas vs the South post. Once upon a time my wife had to go Atlanta for a job related conference. So, she and her Texan co-worker decided to take in Gone with the Wind at the Fox (Ms. Scarlett, you gonna love this one). Well, one of the first complaints was that there were so many Black people doing "servant type" jobs such as working at the hotels and restaurants. What she did not realize is that in Texas these same jobs are filled by Hispanics. Now we could debate why, but I think it would inappropriate here. It does not matter. So, she was criticizing the South for continued racism when the exact same thing was (is) happening in her state. But she failed to see that at that time the mayor of Atlanta was Black (or African-American if you want to be technically incorrect but politically correct. And yes, i realize the skin color is not "technically" black either. Touchee for you). So it was not necessarily a racist thing.
Next, when they go to the Fox and the audience clapped at the references to killing Yankees, this poor lady thought she was going to get lynched or something. She took the emotion to be some kind of revolt where the first non-Southern would be hanged by the highest limb in the courtyard. She thought the audience had some sixth sense to detect non-Southerns and riot to eliminate their presence. Anyway, a good chuckle.

2 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Very good tale. It's true too. My hubby and I moved here and he kept mentioning the racism here regarding the Black people. I finally asked him did he not remember the discrimination against Asians in California? Asian's were thought upon very poorly.

There's racism everywhere in the world. While certain areas seem more "noticed" for it, you go to any state or country and some race has a gripe against another race.

And that, Hon, is worth less than teats on a bull.

Ooh - got a good one for you - mind the naughty language here.

"I feel like I've been shot at and missed, and shit at and hit."

:)

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Pecheur said...

I would agree. We gonna find us some people to be against no matter where we lives.

Thanks for the comment.

I think I remember that quote from another post either here or at your place. It's a goodn' anyways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home