Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Summer Reading

I have picked up two books I plan to read soon. I was prompted by ER to find the origin of "I'll swaney", so I went to the library to find some books on southern and other English.

I did not yet find any, but I did find two great books. 1)Handy as Hip Pockets On A Hog by Donald Chain Black and 2) This Dog'll Hunt by Wallace O Chariton. Each day I'll let you kno what I've read and if I agree with it. Supposedly these are Texan and Southwestern expressions. This may help my position that in fact Texas is not a part of the South (and OK also, that's for ER's benefit). So far the two books have not disappointed and lean to helping prove my point about the distinction.

But don't worry ER, you have nothing to fear. You still have won, and I do plan to find the origin of our little catch frase. =)

BTW Why is crushed leviathan down? It says it does not exist. Is anyone else getting this message. I really do need to change blog hostings. Does anyone have any good alternatives?

1 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

Do you think it may be related to the Swaney River? as an expression of "isn't that just something else!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home