Friday, June 03, 2005

Southwest

It show do appear that I may have to take a short hi eight us from suthern stuff for a few dayz.

As promised below, I am still reading Handy as Hip Pockets On a Hog by Donald Chain Black. Here are my few snipets I've recovered from 'im. He claims that the Southwest is different from the South, but admits it has had a huge influence on the Southwest (also highly influenced by the West, thus its name). Now I know we have already fot this war at this site. I am not trying to bring back the past. I am just finishing my research so I can return these liberry books. I wuld like to quote Mr. Black. "Situated in the remote northeast corner of Texas, Paris is a goo d place to listen to the folk langugae of the Southwest" (empahsis mine)And I thought this was good "My sole criterion for including a phrase in this book was that I heard it spoken." Amen and Amen. And I must say I have heard few of these myself, which simply proves my previous point, the South is different than the Southwest.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Yo! Last Saturday, I posted a post that I figured you could not resist commentin' to. Plus a quiz that you better by-golly ACE, considerin' the sass you been givin' me 'bout Oklahoma's Southronness. :-) I await yer comments with bated breasts.
--ER

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Pecheur said...

Man don;t take it personally, I've not been on the computer much lately. Been havin to take care uf a little bidness here and thar.

Let me check you out and find out what's goin' on over yonder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home