Thursday, June 02, 2005

Arkansas replies

***WARNING*** THIS SECTION IS NOT DEALING WITH SOUTHERNISMS BUT SOUTHWESTISMS OF DONALD BLACK

Whatcha ssay when somebudy aske ya "Hidy, hi, you"

"If things was any better, I'd think they was lyin' to me"

"Fine as frog's hair"

"Cookin' on the front burner."

"Fat and sassy"

"Tol'able"

"Fair to middlin'"

"I'd have to get better to die."

Of course you can say an of 'em depindin on how ya feeling.

I would add that I have heard most of these with small variations. I've heard these:
"Fine as frogs' hair split both ways"
"Cookin' with gas"

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Kc said...

Fine as frogs hair split three ways, shaved on all edges and polished to a high gleem.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Pecheur said...

I knowed it. The frog haired one IS Southern with embellishment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home