Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Izat rally suthern?

Toeday tha speaker said he had an expression found only in da South. Iz herd it and all but Iz wandering if it is just the south.

Hez describin' a sit chu ayshun when someone duz sumptin really stupid. We say, "All man hez just ignerint."
Duz ehni one else say dat? "Boy, u iz just ignerint."
I have herd dis one also. "When da good Lord was givin' out brains, you thought they said rain and runned under the house." Whatchall call it when sum one duz sumptin stupid?

5 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger tugboatcapn said...

If brains wuz Dyney-mite, he cudn't blow'is nose??

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger tugboatcapn said...

I've heard people called "Igger-nant" before, but i don't know if that's a strictly southern thing either...

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Pecheur said...

Dats a guddun i vaguely romember it

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Pecheur said...

Yuz ain't got to worry bout them tests. You iz fine. You pass 'em all. it's me iz worried bout

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Well, I thought'cha might giggle a little bit when ya read that...

I ain't never been worried too much 'bout testses anyhow.

Either I pass'em, or I don't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home