Thursday, March 17, 2005

Kiss Me I'm Irish

And yes I am Irish. In fact I want to be called an Irish-American from now on. Well, not really, but I would like more recognition for us Irish people who made this country what it is. There is too much emphasis on the majority Anglo-Saxon culture who have oppressed us Celtic peoples for centuries. I mean where would you people be without Guiness Beer or James Joyce? Sober illiterates. Is that the life you want? Well, keep oppressing us and we will take out literature and beer and go back to the old country. Haha not a chance.=)

On a serious note I really am Irish. My grand parents' grand parents immigrated from Ireland to Alabama during the infamous Potato Famine. Louis Alexander Scott named his daughter America in honor of their newly acquired opportunity for a better life here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home