Monday, March 28, 2005

A hissy fit

I think this is a Southernism. I have heard it all my life.

to throw a hissy fit- to get really upset at someone as in, She throwed herself a little hissy fit since she couldn't go out and play in the rain. For kids it is usually accompained with "jumping up and down and a hoopin' and a holleran'.

(BTW Thanks for the help with the flitter thing. I still am in limbo as to exactly what she is. Thanks Tish for the expression!!!! I tried to comment at your site but my computer was too slow, I'll hollar back at cha though in a day or two when thangs calm down a lit over cher. I apologize to all for two Irish posts).

5 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Pitch a Fit, have a Hissy Fit, Fixin to have a Fit, it's all there and it's all southern!

(And I have a lot of them!)

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the interest of decency I will abstain from a certain reference to a lady's undergarments being out of place as also being a southern slang I've learned to live with. I must confess when I hear it I just want to have a hissy.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Are you referring to our underwear being in a knot or a twist?

:)

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why yes Miss Scarlett. I fear I am.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if the underwear was not only in a knot or twist but a wad also?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home