Monday, August 15, 2005

Answers to Question 1

My good ole blogger buddy ER has asked for a little help. I kinda figure he already knowd the answers but heck he's helping me keep this cheer blog up and running. And I shore do thank 'im. Also, I like to say a big howdy out to Hen House. Stop by her hen house when ya get a chain sah. Thanks for stopping by, grab you a glass of tea and sit for a spell with us.

He's asked what is "haint" except a funny way of saying "ain't". My answer is that "haint" has been used to describe a little bug but not necessarily an ant. However I figure that is how that durn haint came into being. Some ole suthern heard an ole Yankee talking about an ant and thought, "He must be talking about a haint."

Now let's also remember that haint no telling. Haint could synoneemus wif ain't. Maybe one yall know better than me. If so we loved to learn from ya.

4 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Kc said...

A "haint" is a "spook", a ghost. If'n ya'll go down ta tha Sheretun Manshun ya'l mite sees'a haint!

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

KC wins the prize! Pech, I am shocked -- shocked! -- that you dint git my drift! :-)

--ER

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Kc said...

hat dang! wud ah win? ;-D

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Pecheur said...

ER,

You iz so right I plum read right over what chu wuz saying and missed the boat.

Kc,
The sheerytun manshun? Are there some real spooks thar? I'll need to check that out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home