Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Controversy of the Haint

Them feathers have been ruffled around pech's house over the "haint". It seems Kc wuz right. A darn haint IS a spook. My dear wife got all upset that I did not know that a haint was a ghost. She then began to give me the third degree. Have you not read 13 Alabama Ghosts, 13 more Alabama Ghosts, 13 Mississippi ghosts, 13 Georgia ghost..." and a whole list of other Suthern ghost books.

But in my defense I do remember my grandmother talking about haints in reference to a small bug. Or at least that is how I remember. Nevertheless, I guess I need to be whipped 40 times save one with a wet noodle. I have been made fun of fur not knowin' my suthern stuff. Even been accused of being a dang Yankee in suthern clothes. Now that was a real insult. It's made me run around like a whipped down with its tail between its legs. And boy am I in the dawg house for it.

(Side note. The word An Ankou is the Breton word for haint. So, not all has been lost. I've learned sumptin).

3 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Hoo hoo. Didn't mean to cause a ruckus in the Pech household! :-)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Pecheur said...

I'd almost lost my marriage over dat one. Whew, glad i am out of da dog house now.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

LOLOLOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home