Monday, February 13, 2006

Sick as a Dog...

When was the last time you were really sick?

My wife is sick right now, but the dog seems fine.

So right now, she is sicker'n a dog. (That partic'lar dog, anyway...)

I have heard that expression all my life, but I don't really understand it. "Sick as a dog."

Most dogs that I have ever had any dealings with could eat a dead rotten possum, and not get sick, while I'm scared to drink the out-of-date Orange Juice in the fridge, cause I don't want to get "sick as a dog".

What about you?

You ever been sick as a dog?

How was your dog doin'?

5 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Ever seen a dog get carsick in the summer in a car that has no air-conditioning? That is one sick puppy. (Not to mention other passengers in the car.)

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Daffy76 said...

If'n you get sick as a dawg, you could go et ya some grass and maybe you'd feel a might better. That's what the dawg 'uld do.

Me an my brother used to have a dawg was known to et a beer can ever now'n'gin. Drug 'em up from the neighbor's garbage.

Seem to 'member a dawg with Parvo bein' purty sick though.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

My dogs were always healthy except for BoBo who broke a blood vessel having sex and got an infection. My sons dog is always sick. It doesn't eat dead possuns it eats toys and socks. It throws them up and looks terrible. It even had to have surgery to remove a toy ball that wouldn't come up. Now there was dog that was sick.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Funny! (not that your wife is sick) Funny! (not yhat you're wife is sick) And funny you should bring that up on this particular day!

This morning I was digging out a septic line from my house and our dog, a black and tan--houndawg as houndawg can get--stood at the edge of my tailing pile and.....licke....well...you get the picture. I finally had to kick him in his arse to get him to go away.
He's a good dog. A little stoopid sometimes--but he's a good dog!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Pecheur said...

Yeah, dats pretty bad, when ya ole hound dawg feels at home near ya septic tank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home